Today's post is a little different than our normal maternity session. Lexia Frank sent us a really special documentation series of her own pregnancy, starting at 19 weeks, that we just had to share with you. She was inspired after seeing a series done by photographer and blogger Ryan from Pacing the Panic Room. If you are expecting like I am, this may resonate especially with you as it did with me. We've only posted a selection of weeks, but you can see the full series by clicking here to visit Lexia's blog (the photos are much larger there as well if you are having trouble reading the text). Here is what Lexia had to say about this series:

"As a professional photographer, I am rarely ever in front of the camera, instead always behind it. It's important, however, to know how the client feels in front of a camera, because you can relate so much more. With the advent of our second child, we decided to document my entire pregnancy process each week beginning when I started to show at 19 weeks. It was tough, every single Sunday, finding a few hours free to stand in front of the camera, design the journal entry, and post it to my blog; but it soon grew into much more of a documentation series. I began to really create an amazing connection to my little unborn baby through the letters I wrote each week to him (although we didn't know it was a 'he' at the time!).

"A little note about the last two journals…

"My father, Warren Williams, an outstanding physician and renaissance man, died three days before I delivered my son. He had battled liver cancer and a host of other problems when suddenly he became unresponsive, and we rushed him to the emergency center. I began contractions that night…

"My father was the one who introduced me to photography, who took me out in the field to teach me about aperture and shutter speed. He gave me his Nikon film camera, which I carried with me throughout my travels in Europe. It was my most prized possession. The photography he did in the mid century in Germany is some of the most amazing photography I’ve ever seen."

Comments

Samantha Foster 3 years, 8 months ago

This really is so awesome! Love the approach she took in documenting this part of her life for her child. Might I add, I hope I look just like her when I'm pregnant!

Alicia Candelora 3 years, 8 months ago

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Carolina Rivera 3 years, 8 months ago

wow! LOVE this idea! I especially like the fashion and changing hair style in each! really get to see the personality!

Sarah K 3 years, 8 months ago

Heart warming & beautiful:) Love it!

Abby K 3 years, 8 months ago

Ok, first of all... HOW CUTE IS SHE PREGO!?! And her little sassy outfits and accessories! LOVE It!
Secondly... what a great idea... it's too cute and it will make a cute little flipbook or something!

Kim 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh wow. This made me cry! Wha an amazing gift for your baby. Totally doing this next time.

Kristen T. 3 years, 8 months ago

This is so beautiful and such a good idea! Call me a hippy but Week 38's outfit/pose is my absolute favorite. And if I could look as hot as her with that haircut, I would do it in a heartbeat, haha. Thank you, On To Baby, for sharing with us; and thank you, Lexia, for sharing your story and journey with the world.

Valerie 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm crying now. I want to do something like this.

Leigh Webber 3 years, 8 months ago

Reminds me a lot of the series "Pacing the Panic Room" did of his wife...

Laura 3 years, 8 months ago

This is my cousin!! She is awesome. And I followed her footsteps a bit (along with Ryan Marshall from Pacing the Panic Room) by writing a journal to the little nugget. Only I took a different take – I documented mine with the fruits and veggies my emails sent me as developmental comparisons every week. Check it out:

Kristi 3 years, 8 months ago

wow... now that made me cry on this Friday afternoon.
What a beautiful and touching log of your pregnancy.

xxoo,
Kristi @LOL

Connie 3 years, 8 months ago

Cute. It reminds me of this maternity documentation.

Helen 3 years, 8 months ago

What an amazing series! Such beautiful and spirited images; I am so inspired!

nicole 3 years, 8 months ago

It looks too similar to the original series done by Pacing the Panic Room. Is creativity dead?

ann 3 years, 8 months ago

nicole, I don't think it was meant to be a competative thing. It was her personal take on her experience and I think it is extremely creative. You should check out her photography website if you want to see true creativity and talent. I would like to see some of your creative work. you know what they say about throwing stones.

Week by Week Pregnancy Shoot {On to Baby} « 3 years, 8 months ago

[...] I’ve seen these photo shoots before and love them! Even if you don’t want to do week by week, even month by month can be great. It’s a cute, creative, different way to document the stages of your pregnancy! For the full set from Week 19 to Week 39 check out On to Baby. [...]

Maternity Series is published! {on to baby} &laquo 3 years, 8 months ago

[...] Japan, with the For Japan, With Love fundraiser/awareness. but, we are SO honored that yet again On To Baby has wanted to publish our work!  they’ve shared my maternity series, and i’m so happy [...]

Anono 3 years, 8 months ago

This is a straight copy of Pacing the Panic Room's Maternity series, right down to the composition of some and it's font!

On to Baby 3 years, 8 months ago

To the comments regarding the similarity to Pacing the Panic Room series: We were unaware of that series when we posted this originally, but we've since amended the post to link back to his website. Lexia was in contact with that blogger and posted a link and credit to his site in her series on her own blog. We feel Lexia's photos and story are special in their own right, and we are so glad Pacing the Panic Room inspired many other photographers to document their pregnancies in such a special way. Please be respectful and kind in your comments, and contact us directly if you have an issue with this content.

Dee 3 years, 8 months ago

Loved this! I'm very impressed she stuck with it every week and wrote such beautiful messages to her baby. Very funky, beautiful lady. It made me cry. Sweetness!

Weston Diagnostics (@Weston3D4D) 2 years, 11 months ago

This is such a great way to document your pregnancy! We absolutely love the personal touch of writing a letter to baby! http://t.co/wKDLc5zB