Photographer Carley Kay has a little girl, Finley, on the way, who will be coming home to this bright and lovely, eclectic nursery. Carley's family lives in a 1930s Cape Cod home with a converted attic. With that comes a pitched ceiling and difficult angles, so the design for the nursery space had some challenges. Also, with a small budget, Carley maximized the funds with used pieces and reusing existing items. The end result is this super happy, colorful room that we know Finley is going to love!

You are My Sunshine Print:
Fabric Banner & La La Love You print:
Bird on a Wire Print:
Hanging baby outfit: Baby Nay
Dresser and Crib: Craigslist
Gold picture frames: Goodwill and Thrift Stores
Purple Frame, Birds on Frame, Bird Prints: Hobby Lobby
Curtains: Premier Prints fabric
Bins on dresser and under desk, Lamp Shade, Frame on Desk: Target
Desk & Lamp: Thrift store finds

Comments

Juliann 3 years, 3 months ago

I LOVE the mix of patterns. WOW!!

andi 3 years, 3 months ago

I ADORE this room. The mix of patterns and textures is lovely!

Belkis H. 3 years, 3 months ago

love it all. what a happy place!

Miegan 3 years, 3 months ago

Where is the rug from?

Megan Wright 3 years, 3 months ago

Love!! Where is the iron crib from?

Meggy 3 years, 3 months ago

Oh sooo cute! This room totally reminds me of an Anthro store or something. Love all the colors.

I'm getting ready to start my nursery mood board for baby boy on the ways! :)

Meggy from <a href="http://ChasingDavies.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow">Chasing Davies</a>

roro617 3 years, 3 months ago

Did I miss it? Where are the skirts from? Love them!

Carley Slater 3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks everyone for your comments! Miegan-rug from Target and now I saw it's on clearance for like $9.98 or something crazy! Megan-I found the crib on craigslist....lucky! Roro617-the skirt was actually made by me using the white pottery barn (from my son's nursery) skirt as the base. All those fabrics are actually duvet covers from Pottery Barn...haha...I just loved the prints so much so I bought them for fabric! We love how the nursery turned out and now we just need our little Finley here to make it complete! =)

Nisa 3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks Carley! It looks wonderful. I especially love the orange trellis layer!

Moira 3 years, 3 months ago

I LOVE this room! The different patterns and textures are so warm and whimsical! Well Done!

Amanda W 3 years, 2 months ago

When did you buy the duvet covers at Pottery Barn?

Abbie 3 years, 2 months ago

Too cute! I have a little Finley, as well... but it's a he instead of a she. :) Love, love, love all of the fun pattern and color. I've always loved the floral print duvet from Pottery Barn. What a great idea to buy it for fabric!

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite nursery EVER (and I've seen a TON!) Your mix of patterns and colors is nothing short of brilliant, my dear. Well done!

Meri Cherry 3 years, 2 months ago

I absolutely LOVE your mix of textiles, especially the skirt on the crib with the pink sheet and then the navy and white bumper. AMAZING. And the chevron curtains are fantastic. Well done!

Amy 3 years, 2 months ago

That crib and bedding are to die for!! I have yellow chevron curtains just like those too, but I love how they look in the nursery! Just love the mix of bright colors. I sent you some link love in my latest post because I couldn't stop ooing and ahhing! http://www.themombot.com/trends/2011/08/26/link-love-ive-got-baby-bug

Hali 3 years ago

Do you happen to know the name of the pottery barn duvet? I adore your nursery!

some sewing &laquo; mayjuneandjuly.com 2 years, 11 months ago

[...] I embarked on a bedskirt. This was my inspiration and I wanted to incoorporate many of the colors I have been using in the room. [...]

Wishful Wednesdays &#8211; Funky Nursery Time &laq 2 years, 8 months ago

[...] ontobaby.com via Charity on [...]

Amanda 2 years, 8 months ago

I've been looking all over the web at nurseries, and this is still my favorite. :) We find out tomorrow whether we're having a boy or a girl -- and then it's time to use this inspiration to start shopping!

Alexandra 2 years, 7 months ago

Such a cute room! Very nice use of colors! :)

Amy V. 2 years, 6 months ago

I love this nursery so much! Where did you find the hanging cabbage lamp? I would love to find one! :)

Eddie 2 years, 6 months ago

Does anyone know the color of the wall? At first, it looks like a warm white...but then I feel like there's a touch of pink in it.

Leigh 2 years, 5 months ago

Would love to know all the paint color names...dresser, desk, walls...What a beautiful room...little Finley is one lucky girl!

Erica 2 years, 2 months ago

Love the curtains. Is the chevron stripe the small, medium, or large one? Thanks!

A Bit of Inspiration | The Official Stork Craft Bl 2 years, 1 month ago

[...] Nursery inspiriation image for the day from the blog, On to Baby. [...]

The Tour Continues: Nursery &laquo; Growing Up Gil 2 years, 1 month ago

[...] on to baby [...]

Julia 2 years, 1 month ago

I am in love with this room, so much so that I would love to do something like this for myself. What color dis you paint the nursery? It's a little difficult for me to tell by looking at the photo. Thank you so much!

La princesa y el guisante | Ahora soy mamá 2 years ago

[...] Incluso podemos usar la idea para decorar una colorida habitación. [...]

holly 1 year, 11 months ago

Please discard this crib and do not put your precious child in it. It is not safe. The opening in the rails are too big and a saftey hazard. Research it! The slats should not be able to fit a soda can and I ca see that the head and foot board have a huge gap. Your baby can die.The is a problem with hand me downs and garage sales.

Robyn 1 year, 9 months ago

Do you happen to know the name/ brand of the floral bedskirt and the orange and white bedskirt in the picture?

Carley 1 year, 9 months ago

Just an update from some of the comments I've read. The walls are a bright white. They were painted over old paneling, but it's a bright white. The orange and floral part of the skirt are from pottery barn duvets that I used. I have seen them online every now and then. Might still get lucky! The iron crib worked great for Finley and we are still using it. She is almost 17 months now. Her head can most definitely not fit through the rails. Not even close. But thank you for your concern! ;) If you have any questions about anything...feel free to email me: carleykay1@yahoo.com

παιδικό δωμάτιο με vintage αναφορές | littledeco.g 1 year, 8 months ago

[...] via [...]

nursery love, etsy products for baby &amp; modern, 1 year, 7 months ago

[...] {you should take a look at all the pictures of this bright eclectic nursery at on to baby} [...]

Sally 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I love all the color and layered bedskirts! May I repost your nursery pic on my blog with your credit?