Thank you so much for your interest in submitting content to The Little Umbrella! We look forward to seeing your work. Please follow the directions below to make a submission. Contact us if you need any assistance.
To submit or pitch a DIY project for consideration, please send an email with the project details to our Projects Director, Laura Houlihan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit a party, nursery, or portrait session, please send us an email to the Editor, Susie Ostrowski, at email@example.com with the following details:
Please tell us all the details behind this submission. We'll use this info to write the post.
List the business names and websites of all involved vendors (e.g. photographer, florist, event planner, etc.) and retail sources (party supplies, nursery furniture, etc.) and indicate what service or item they provided. For nurseries, the paint color is also always greatly appreciated!
Rather than send as an attachment, please link us to an online gallery where images can be downloaded (preferably as one zip file) in the following format:
• Images must be at least 1100 pixels wide from left to right
• Single images only (in other words, please do not combine multiple photos into collages or layouts)
• No watermarks or branding on images
By submitting content for a feature, you assert that you have read and agree to the exclusivity and photo use policies below.
We generally do not publish content that has already been featured online (except on your own blog) and if your submission is chosen, we require exclusivity for three months from your feature date. If you have already submitted this content to another site for feature consideration, please wait to submit to us until they have confirmed they will not be featuring it. If you have any questions or believe we should make an exception for your submission, please contact us!
We must have the permission of the photographer to use and publish the photos on our website in the following ways:
• In the blog post (we may resize or crop photos as needed)
• As a "thumbnail" photo to link to the post in other areas of the website
• In a separate gallery page of the photos submitted, linked to from the post
• In social media posts to promote the post (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+)
It may take up to two weeks before you receive a decision. If you are sending us something time-sensitive (relating to an upcoming holiday, for example), please email us to let us know so we can review the content sooner!