No detail was overlooked at this elegant baby shower, styled and planned by the mom-to-be herself, Shannon Cait, along with the help of her sweet family. Shannon absolutely loves pink, but with the gender of the baby a surprise, they brought in baby blue to pair with pretty blush pink. She designed the invitations herself, creating a simple, lovely design that set the tone for this classically styled event. Read on below for more details about this beautiful shower, then stop by the full gallery to see all of the photos, which were taken by Shannon's dad.

Guests had their pick of a lovely spread of desserts. The adorable elephant cake by Sweet & Saucy Shop was so cute that Shannon had a hard time cutting into it! For the "BABY" sign in blocks, Shannon and her mom found wooden ABC blocks at Hobby Lobby. They needed a "Y" block to spell Baby, so Ryan, Shannon's husband, scraped off one of the Cs and glued a Y on in its place. White hydrangea arrangements flanked the cake in decorated glass vases.

From Shannon:
"As I mentioned before, I love decorating with pink, so my Mom had to continuously remind me to use blue as well. She found these plates at Kirkland and because she is the best mom ever, she picked up 25 plates for us to use. I made salted caramel macarons for each guest to enjoy and placed them in the mini dessert cups."

For this shower, they did a clever twist on the popular onesie decorating station. Shannon's mom came up with the idea of decorating onesie-shaped cookies instead! Six colors of royal icing were available in 12 oz bottles along with little embellishments. Guests then voted on the winner. The cookies were later packaged up to be taken home by the guests.

From Shannon:
"I am not a huge fan of traditional baby shower games, but the celebrity game never gets old. I took 15 celebrity baby bumps and using Photoshop put my head over their face. Guests had to guess who the celebrity bump was!"

view entire gallery

Event Design, Paper Goods, Florals: Shan Cait
Venue: Tin Roof Bistro
Cake: Sweet & Saucy Shop
Mini Dessert Dishes: Bed Bath & Beyond
Frosting Bottles: Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts
Sugar Cookie Recipe: Alton Brown - Food Network
Photography: Shannon's Dad

Comments

Amy Peltier 1 year, 11 months ago

This is so beautiful! I have pinned everything for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Amy Peltier 1 year, 11 months ago

Lisa 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi! I'm hosting a shower for my best friend in March. Where can I get invites like this? I adore these!!!!

Lisa 1 year, 11 months ago

Shannon 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi Lisa,
I made these invitations myself. The paper and envelopes are from Paper Source, bunting paper and envelope liner paper is from Joann's Fabric, the font for "Baby" is Nelly Script Flourish. Good luck!

Shannon 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi Lisa,

Amber 1 year, 11 months ago

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love all of the fun activities and the color scheme s perfection! Where is the mommy to be's dress from?

Amber 1 year, 11 months ago

Lisa 1 year, 11 months ago

These are beautiful! I can't find anything that I'm quite looking for! Did you do the bunting custom? Her colors are a pink and taupe. Did you make the labels? I adore them!!! I would pay you to take the time to email me a tutorial! LOL I think if I start now I may be able to do it and have them ready to go out in Feb.

Did you print them at home? Also, did you buy the paper already scaloped? I adore these I'm sorry I'm not trying to drive you mad! :) I'm doing everything by myself and want it to be fabulous!!!

Lisa 1 year, 11 months ago

Manuela 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi,
I'm from Brazil and I wonder how does this celebrity joke, congratulations for the beautiful tea.

kisses

Manuela 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi,

kisses

Shannon 1 year, 11 months ago

Amber, the dress is the Swan lake tutu dress by 213 Industry. I bought it at http://shopruche.com but it looks like it's no longer available.

Lisa, the invitations were printed at home on the Paper Source superfine soft white cover paper and I used the A7 envelopes. I cut each scallop myself (real fun!). I made the bunting myself by cutting out triangles and hot glueing the flags to jewelry twine available at Joann's. For the gold labels on the frosting bottles, I used the Laduree logo and put in my own text using Photoshop and my Mom printed them on label paper using gold laser foil. I hope I answered everything and I wish you all the luck with the shower -- it sounds like it will be fabulous!

Shannon 1 year, 11 months ago

Bleekcup's Le blog » Fille ou Garçon ? 1 year, 11 months ago

[...] Retrouvez l’intégrale des photos de cette Baby Shower sur le somptueux blog OntoBaby. [...]

Bleekcup's Le blog » Fille ou Garçon ? 1 year, 11 months ago

Eventos | Chá de Bebê Rosa + Azul « 1 year, 11 months ago

[...] Fonte: OnToBaby [...]

Eventos | Chá de Bebê Rosa + Azul « 1 year, 11 months ago

[...] Fonte: OnToBaby [...]

Robin Wiegand 1 year, 11 months ago

I would love to have a copy of the "All About Baby Quiz" or another version of it! Does anyone have access to a copy? Please let me know as soon as possible as I am throwing a baby shower in a little over a month! Thanks!!

Robin Wiegand 1 year, 11 months ago

Shannon 1 year, 10 months ago

Robin - Send me an email to shancait@gmail.com and I will email you the quiz in photoshop (sorry that I the only format I have it available in).

Shannon 1 year, 10 months ago

Chá de bebê rosa e azul - Tudo 1 year, 10 months ago

[...] Fonte OnToBaby. [...]

Chá de bebê rosa e azul - Tudo 1 year, 10 months ago

[...] Fonte OnToBaby. [...]

Ange 1 year, 10 months ago

Such a gorgeous baby shower! You looked stunning! I would love to know the poem used in your invitation as it sounds so adorable. If you're able to let me know it would be greatly appreciated as I would love to borrow it for my baby shower in a few months :) Many thanks!

Ange 1 year, 10 months ago

a boy or a girl
which will it be?
the dresser is empty, the nursery is bare
PLEASE JOIN US FOR A SHOWER
so Ryan & Shannon can prepare

Ange 1 year, 10 months ago

Thanks so much Shannon! :)

Ange 1 year, 10 months ago

Thanks so much Shannon! :)

Miranda 1 year, 10 months ago

Shannon do you want to sell those plates. They are so beautiful. I have not seen those in "my" kiirklands

Miranda 1 year, 10 months ago

Melissa McLemore 1 year, 7 months ago

Beautiful and elegant baby shower!

I love the baby shower game with the questions. Where did you find it? I want to create one for my sister's upcoming shower too.

Melissa McLemore 1 year, 7 months ago

Beautiful and elegant baby shower!

Baby Blue Shower Inspiration Board | Tinyprints Bl 1 year, 4 months ago

[...] to R: Tiny Prints Precious Script invitation, Straws, Dessert Table, Favor Box, Cake [...]

Eventos | Chá de Bebê Rosa + Azul | LaPartieDiva 12 months ago

[...] Fonte: OnToBaby [...]

Rachel Matthews 11 months ago

Hi Shannon!
Is there any way you could send me the quiz from this post? It's darling and I would love to use it for an upcoming shower.
Thanks!
Rachel

Daniela 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Hi! Beautiful baby shower. I need help. Where are the baby blocks from? They are beautiful and I cannot find them anywhere.

Thank you!