Earlier today, you saw a little glimpse of my daughter's aqua nursery with yellow and red accents. Here is a more in-depth look at her room with lovely photos from Volatile Photography. We had to move to a new apartment when Gracie was two-months-old, so I actually didn't start working on her nursery until she was already here! As a work-at-home mom, you can imagine this was a pretty slow process!

We found the little owl print and used it as the starting point for the design. We pulled the colors from the print and went from there. As renters, we had a lot of limitations (hello, super ugly *DOUBLE* wall vents, no drilling in the ceiling to hang the mobile, and nothing too crazy on the walls). A decal seemed like a good way to bring in some visual interest without destroying our deposit. This fun, bold decal from LittleLion Studio fit the bill perfectly! As a little baby, she loved to look up at the decal as she drifted off at nap time. And now she's at the age where she likes to point out the little characters and items in the design, then "baby talk" to us about each one. Guaranteed to melt your heart...every. single. time.

The room has changed over time to adapt to our daily life. For example, the artwork over her changing table had to go once she was old enough to sit up and try to reach it. The side table next to her crib has been mostly stripped of the fun decor, as she went right for it through her crib slats and on the ground once she was cruising. We also skipped the fluffy bumpers, opting instead to follow the American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendations on crib safety. But despite these little things, we are having a lot of fun in her bright, happy space! You can see a bit more in the full gallery.

Wall Decal and "Gracie" heart print:
"The End" Bookend: CB2
Side table: Crate & Barrel
Crib Sheet: DwellStudio
Bookshelf, Changing Table, Little Chair, Small Lamp: Ikea
Rug: notNeutral
Ruffle Curtains, Lamp, and Letter G: Urban Outfitters

Comments

Kris 2 years, 3 months ago

What a darling nursery!!!

jocey 2 years, 3 months ago

love love suz. so cute. come and decorate Clementine's room.

chandra - Oh Lovely Day 2 years, 3 months ago

How adorable is Gracie in the first post!? And I'm in love with this nursery - especially that it can be sort of gender neutral too. Love all of the art and etsy finds and pinning them for when I have a baby #2 to make a nursery for.

On to Baby 2 years, 3 months ago

Thank you so much, everyone!

Kirsty 2 years, 3 months ago

What a joyful nursery, it is delightful! I love the yellow whale tissue box - very cute. The clever use of yellow throughout the whole room really ties it together.

Lindsay 2 years, 3 months ago

Hi,
This is such an inspiring nursery! Thank you for posting these photos.

I had a question for whoever put up that fabulous decal. How challenging was it? Did it come in separate pieces? I am thinking about ordering it, but want to see what I am in for :)

Thank you!
Lindsay

On to Baby 2 years, 3 months ago

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks so much! I put up the decal...it was definitely time consuming and painstaking! Each piece is separate, which is great for doing your own arrangement, but it was a little frustrating. I did not have great luck always getting the pieces to come off as they were supposed to either, which means it was a slow process...However, all that said, I would do it again, because Gracie LOVES it. At 13 months old, she still loves looking at it and pointing out each piece. It was worth the time for us. Good luck, and let me know how it goes if you try it! :)

chm 2 years, 3 months ago

May I ask, how to get the effect like the yellow lamp picture and the word signs picture? I mean, quite dark at the edge but light in the middle? I've tried editing my pictures with vignette but the effect is not the same. Mine look like black on the edge. Can you email me the steps to do that? Photosho or lightroom? Thank you. *Pardon my english*

VPepper 1 year, 11 months ago

What paint color is the room?

On to Baby 1 year, 11 months ago

The paint color info is at the very bottom of the post, above the comments. :)