Making sure your kids are eating the right healthy foods is no small feat. This is one of those topics that can create endless confusion for parents who want their children to get the best food for their health, but don't know how to start. Rachelle Schwartz at Wiley Valentine decided to get informed and help other parents on the same journey with a fantastic little workshop called Food to Love.

"Food to Love began as a conversation with moms that I knew that were struggling with what to feed their kids. They were all very interested in learning tips & techniques on how to get their kids to eat healthy foods as well as learning easy healthy recipes. Rather than keeping it as a casual afternoon shared among friends, I decided to take it a step further. I immersed myself in research, secured some fabulous sponsors, and made Food to Love an official workshop."

The workshop included discussion on specific foods to feed the kids and the importance of organics, a food demo, a book giveaway, along with some great takeaways. On to Baby was thrilled to provide some totes for the event, and additional sponsors included Whole Foods, Scout Books, Wean Green, Good Seeds, The Stitch Farm and Wiley Valentine.

If you are interested in attending the second workshop in the works, be sure to get in touch with Rachelle.

Rachelle was kind enough to send over a few healthy recipes for Kale Chips and Baked Oatmeals (ready to print on cute cards!) you can download and use, along with a "Dirty Dozen" list. The dirty dozen are 12 fruits and vegetables with the highest levels of pesticides, so it's best to buy organic when purchasing these foods. Print these out to get started on your own healthy food journey. Click here to download the Dirty Dozen list. Click here to download the recipe cards.

Photography: Jenny Hall Photography

Comments

Kristin 2 years, 5 months ago

where is the workshop located?

Rachelle {wiley valentine} 2 years, 5 months ago

hi Kristin, I am in southern california, so for now, that is where the workshop is held. Looking into taking it to other cities though. Where are you located?

Kristin 2 years, 5 months ago

Hi Rachelle! I live in Yorba Linda :) What part of So Cal? My baby girl is 7.5 months old right now and I make most of her food, but I'd love to learn more.

sarahlynn 2 years, 5 months ago

this is WONDERFUL! and i love the printables, especially the dirty dozen. i live in alabama but if this workshop was offerred online (surely in a lessened capacity) i would happily get involved. best wishes and i hope others can benefit from this.

Kim {Pretty Little Baby} 2 years, 5 months ago

This is SUCH a great idea, and love all the printables; let us know if you ever fancy hopping across the pond to do a workshop in the UK! :)

Tara 2 years, 5 months ago

What a great idea! I love the dirty dozen printable. Definitely sharing this post!

Jenn 2 years, 5 months ago

The pictures turned out great! Thank you for all of the information and recipes. Sloane LOVES the pesto sauce and she even tried kale chips today. Can't wait for the next workshop and more inspiration - Thanks again!

Wiley Valentine » Mom Monday {the healthy sm 1 year, 8 months ago

[...] parents with kids & food. So with that said…I will be announcing the dates of the next Food to Love workshop soon. Spaces will be limited so be sure to snag your tickets while you can. With Chandra [...]

Wiley Valentine » Food to Love Workshop 1 year, 8 months ago

[...] I am beyond excited to share with you the date for the next Food to Love workshop. It will take place on April 21 in Laguna Hills, California. Food to Love was something I started simply to share with my girlfriends the things I had learned about feeding our families healthy, whole, organic foods. When I learned that there were so many other parents out there eager to learn more about how to get their kids to eat healthy food I started the Food to Love workshop. It’s a safe and fun environment where we learn about food & healthy living. A light lunch will be served, and don’t forget the coveted goodie bags filled with fabulous products from our sponsors! You can purchase your ticket right here. Spaces are limited. You can see more from the first workshop over on the fabulous On To Baby. [...]

» FOOD TO LOVE May I Have The Ring 1 year, 7 months ago

[...] a working mother i am constantly juggling meeting deadlines & keeping my little ones healthy FOOD TO LOVE has me feeling like i can do [...]