This birthday party for little Reid is so fun and overflowing with darling details! Reid absolutely loves crawling inside cardboard boxes and pushing them around the house, so his parents Brianne and Sean Walker thought a cardboard box birthday party was perfectly suited for his one year celebration. And really, what kid doesn't love playing with boxes? Brianne used her creativity and a lot of love to deliver a fantastic party for Reid.

Reid's dad and grandpa constructed a cardboard play-yard, transforming ordinary boxes into rocket ships, trains, helicopters and planes, and bringing tons of fun to the little party guests. As fun as the boxes are, we all know how addictive popping the accompanying bubble wrap can be, so they created a game for the older kids you might be tempted to try out yourself: bubble wrap hop scotch!

For the coordinating party decor, a red, black, and kraft color palette was used to match with the colors you see on a standard package. Lots of red balloons brought in the party feel, along with a delicious and perfectly styled dessert table stocked with all homemade desserts. Brianne created her own customized and super budget-friendly utensils with some affordable bamboo flatware that she then hand stamped. She also made Reid a special birthday hat out of sand paper (to give it a little more texture), then decorated it with pom poms and felt.

The party guests also enjoyed a snack table full of small eats to munch on, like veggies and cups of cheerios, all packaged and labeled with kraft paper that coordinated so well with the theme. Guests also took home "lunch boxes", filled with cardboard books, bubbles, and animal crackers. Reid's dad, Sean Walker, captured these great images of the day, and if you are as charmed by this party as we are, be sure to see the full gallery for more.

Invitation:
Lunch Boxes and Baker's Twine:
#1 Lollipop Candy Mold, Bamboo Flatware, Not a Box Book: Amazon.com
Desserts: Made by mom Brianne and Reid's Grandmother

Comments

Angela Smith 2 years, 7 months ago

One of my favorite family's! Such an ADORABLE party!

Kelli Taylor 2 years, 7 months ago

Oh my gosh I LOOOOVE this!!!

kristin @ petal and thorn 2 years, 7 months ago

GENIUS! i wish i were invited- looks like so much fun!

Aniversário Infantil #9 – Caixa de papelão | Emoti 2 years, 7 months ago

[...] On to Baby Share [...]

Randi 2 years, 7 months ago

That is just the cutest party I've ever seen. I love every single detail.

Jenny D 2 years, 7 months ago

This party is so darling-- amazing use of colors, textures, and clever styling. LOVE that is was a family effort, you are all so talented!!!

Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me 2 years, 7 months ago

This is seriously awesome!!! I am throwing a monster-themed party tomorrow...is it too late for me to change it into a box party? LOL! I love every little detail. You are so creative. Reid is one lucky little guy! Definitely a party to remember :o) -Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me

Dahlia 2 years, 7 months ago

really wonderful! So age-appropriate and could be scaled way up or down based on a parent's budget.

Kristin 2 years, 7 months ago

OMG! How cute is this! I really wanted to do something special for my daughters 3 rd birthday! I think this might be one of the top ideas!!!! It is great, I am sure I can find boxes of all sizes from the grocery store I work at and all of the kids at the party would have a blast! Thanks for the great post!

Kate 2 years, 7 months ago

This is such a cute idea. Honestly one of the best themes for a 1st birthday I've seen...ever!

Melody@Sweet&SaucyShop 2 years, 7 months ago

I knew Brianne would create an amazing party for little Reid and boy did she! Love everything about it!

Jill 2 years, 7 months ago

Super cute and clever! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Jill

Jackie 2 years, 7 months ago

This is so genius!! LOVE it! So creative!

Leonie 2 years, 6 months ago

This is without a doubt one of the best ideas I have ever seen for a toddlers Birthday Party. Well done. Every detail is fantastic.

I Wish I Had…This Cardboard Birthday Party « 2 years, 6 months ago

[...] (Image via On To Baby) [...]

Earth Day Fun - Cardboard And Trash Parties Seattl 2 years, 6 months ago

[...] boxes? One year old Reid got to celebrate with his friends at this wonderful party featured on  On To Baby.  From bubblewrap hopscotch, and using lots of paper products,  to a cardboard play yard filled [...]

Earth Day | Candles Cupcakes Celebrate 2 years, 6 months ago

[...] www.ontobaby.com [...]

Cristina 2 years, 5 months ago

I absolutely love this party!!! I wish I could find the cups for my son upcoming birthday

Why planning a first birthday party is so stressfu 2 years, 5 months ago

[...] 1960s Manhattan themed party not the most over-the-top kid’s party you ever seen? Even this cardboard box first birthday party is elaborately designed and [...]

Coco 2 years, 3 months ago

Hands down one of the cutest, coolest, most original parties I've seen. Love love love every single detail. Amazing!

Bridgette Davis {BDphotography} 2 years, 3 months ago

Oh my gosh this is the greatest party ever!! Asking for a little help from Brianne here,not sure how to contact her, but I'm planning my son's 1st! We are going to do a classic red bouncy ball theme because our little guys could care less about a paci or blankie but carries and snuggles a ball like it's a stuffed animal :) "ball" is also one of his first and favorite words, nothing thrills him more than a simple ball. I spy reid carrying that ball in lots of pics too! I'm first wondering where you got those red take home balls. I can't find them anywhere! And also, I love your palette. Did you just run kraft paper thru your home printer for all your great signage/labels/banner? Thanks for all the help!!

Amy 1 year, 11 months ago

I love this idea and really would like to do this for my son in Jan. I just cant seem to find an invite that will suit the theme. I was wondering if you could post or send me a pic of the invitation, please and thank you. You can blur your address if you don't want me to see that part. I just LOVE this idea and thought I'd be able to find an invitation by now. Thanks for your help.

Susan Snipes 1 year, 10 months ago

What great ideas! Very, very creative. Going to share with my daughter-in-law for my grandson's next birthday!

T 1 year, 9 months ago

You have so many creative elements! Where did you find the brown paper pulp cups?!

Best DIY Kids' Birthday Party Favor Ideas &#8 1 year, 9 months ago

[...] left to play with a cardboard box, so creating a party theme around the simple structure? Genius! On to Baby features this idea, along with a great party favor idea: Fill a big box full of bouncy red balls [...]