If you haven't heard of gender reveal parties, these popular parties are fun events where an expecting couple along with their friends and family find out the sex of their baby for the first time in a creative way. When it was finally time for photographer Mel Bosna and her husband Andy to find out if they would soon be blessed with either a little girl or a little boy, Mel planned this adorable party. The ultrasound technician sealed the news in an envelope, which was then dropped off with the baker, Sweeter Still Cupcakes. At the party, guests we able to enjoy a delectable spread of food that included prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus and baby garlic potatoes, along with limoncello cocktail. Yum! When it was time for the big moment, guests held up a pink or blue flag to show their own guesses as the couple cut into a beautiful, vintage styled cake. The frosting inside revealed the news...find out with the last image below, and see more from this party by checking out the full gallery.

Event Design and Photography:
Food Picks, Cupcake Picks, & Straws:
Cake and Cupcakes:
Balloons: Brilliant Bash
Canning Jars: Walmart

Comments

Kate Whitmore 3 years, 1 month ago

So fun!!

Wendy Bakker 1 week, 3 days ago

This looks absolutely amazing and fun. Such a smart idea! I think the mom was really happy with it being a girl. (On the chalkboard with the names I hope they choose the name Penny.)

Megan Young 3 years, 1 month ago

Adorable!!!

Jenni 3 years, 1 month ago

Oh, such a beautiful way to find out... I love the look of the mom's face when she cut the cake!

Mel & Andy's Gender Reveal Party | On to 3 years, 1 month ago

[...] Read more: Mel & Andy's Gender Reveal Party | On to Baby [...]

Michelle 3 years, 1 month ago

Made me cry!

Lindsay Madden {Lindsay Madden Photography} 3 years, 1 month ago

I absolutely LOVED this idea!!!! :)

Amanda Bevington 3 years, 1 month ago

Love it! Don't know the couple and the images of them finding out made me tear up a little - SUCH A SPECIAL MOMENT!!! Congratulations to the happy family!

Jennifer 3 years, 1 month ago

I've heard about these gender reveal parties and it was so cool to actually see one! The moment when they cut the cake is so beautiful!! I love this concept...it seems like so much fun! makes me wanna have a baby just to have a party like this :)

jamie lyn smith 3 years, 1 month ago

this was such a sweet party and i love that i got to share in the excited as i perused the pictures. my husband and i are expecting a little boy in october (our first) and i would have loved to do something so cool to find out. perhaps for number 2 ;-)

Mel 3 years, 1 month ago

Yeah!! Love seeing our photos shared on here, thanks everyone for the kind comments...one of the sweetest moments of my life, Andy and I can't wait for baby Livia's arrival in early Fall!

Katie Schoepflin 3 years, 1 month ago

Oh my goodness I can hardly stand the wait I have left to find out the gender. I absolutely love this idea! I'm going to have to do something like it.... let the creative juices start to flow. Thank you for sharing this fabulous party!

Heather 3 years, 1 month ago

Sooo cute! Love it. I love that they chose names for boys and girls and let the guests vote...great idea!

Tamsyn 3 years, 1 month ago

I love this concept and seeing it come alive in these photos makes it seem even more perfect. Well done!

Gender Reveal Parties… boy or girl? 3 years ago

[...] Have you ever heard of a gender reveal party?  This is a party for the soon-to-be parents find out what they are having among friends and family.  This is such a fun way to find out!  Have your technician write what you are having on a piece of paper and ask your favorite baker to pick it up… or maybe you could deliver it to him or her.. (I’m not sure I could do this, it’s a self-control issue and against my better judgment I still would be very tempted to peak).  Make sure you have a photographer (or a friend good with the camera) to capture your faces when you and your family find out!  Here is a great example of a gender reveal party ontobaby.com! [...]

Jennifer 3 years ago

I love this idea! You can feel the 'soon to be' parents emotion when cutting the cake! What a beautiful way to capture that moment forever! Congrats to the couple!

The Big Reveal! Gender Reveal Parties | The Green 2 years, 8 months ago

[...] Cake Ball Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cast Your Vote Chalkboard, Craving Table, “It’s a ___!” Dessert Table, Bee Themed Party, Waddle It Be- [...]

Balloon Time (@BalloonTime) 2 years, 6 months ago

Help plan a special baby gender reveal party for a friend! This party idea from @ontobaby is adorable. http://t.co/S1xKWEwz

Kønsfest – med kage og hele svineriet! - Ane 2 years, 1 month ago

[...] Min seje og opmærksomme veninde Stine sendte mig i går et link via pinterest – et link, der henviste til en helt særlig slags fest. En kønsfest!! Sådan en - hvor vordende forældre får vished om deres barns køn i rammen af en fest blandt venner og familie. Jeg har snuppet billeder og info herfra: http://www.ontobaby.com/2011/07/mel-andys-gender-reveal-party/ [...]

Sarah 2 years ago

Incredible idea. I was in total suspense from the pictures... can't imagine what it was like for the attendees.

Is it a BOY or a GIRL? | Gewoon Marieke 2 years ago

[...] Of laat de gasten de babynaam raden, misschien brengen ze je nog een leuk idee. Via On To Baby. [...]

GastBlog van GewoonMarieke: IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL? 2 years ago

Descobrindo no chá « Lindezas 1 year, 12 months ago

[...] Via Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestGostar disso:GosteiSeja o primeiro a gostar disso. de → Chá de bebê ← Meia de corações Ainda sem comentários [...]

Tara 1 year, 11 months ago

I really wish I would have done this with my son. Love it!

Jen 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I put up a link to this blog entry in my own PERSONAL blog :) I'm documenting my pregnancy for friends and family and mentioned I wanted to do a gender reveal party and used this as my inspiration.. I hope you don't mind! I found this to be so sweet and emotional, the photos too are just fabulous!
Anyway.. I'm not like a professional blogger so I don't know how these things go.. I just wanted to let you know that I did put a link back to this. I just LOVE IT! <3
Thanks!
-Jen

Será Niño o Niña? – Gender Reveal Party | fu 1 year, 6 months ago

[...] el sexo del bebé, y me quedé con ganas de más! Así que hoy os quiero enseñar la adorable fiesta que celebraron Mel y Andy para descubir junto con sus amigos y familiares si estaban esperando un niño o una niña. En esta [...]